Which Resin Formula Do I Need For My Project?
Navigating the world of epoxy resin can be a little complicated when you’re just starting out – but it doesn’t have to be!
Our team at New Classic Resin has compiled this guide so you can better understand our different types of epoxy resin and be certain to purchase exactly what’s needed for your designs.
New Classic Has 3 Types of Epoxy Resin
|Tabletop and Art Epoxy Resin||Quick Cure Epoxy Resin||Thick Pour Epoxy Resin|
All of our formulas are engineered to make working on creative projects a breeze, so let’s dive into it and get ready to start creating your next masterpiece!
In this guide, you’ll learn:
- Why Do Artists Use New Classic Resin?
- How To Use The Tabletop & Art Resin
- How To Use Quick Cure Resin
- How To Use Thick Pour Resin
- Your Turn To Get Crafty
- Why Buy From Us?
Why Do Artists Use New Classic Resin?
- Endless Creations: Works beautifully with wood, glass, ceramic, stone, aggregate, cement, electronic parts, and more.
- Glossy Appearance: Our resin formula will give your project a rich, polished finishing.
- Self-Leveling: The epoxy resin will quickly spread out across your surface and seamlessly level out.
- Highly Resistant: Your project will be protected from UV rays, scratches, water, and moisture.
Crystal Clear: Our exclusive epoxy resin formula is one of the clearest and non-yellowing resins on the market.
- Easy Recoating: Wear and tear are inevitable over time, which is why our resin is designed to easily recoat surfaces when needed.
- Easy Mixing: Mica colour pigments seamlessly blend with the resin to create breathtaking creations.
How To Use The Tabletop & Art Resin
Our signature Tabletop & Art Resin is the perfect formula for a majority of epoxy artists. From small jewels to larger art pieces, this is a versatile resin and a fantastic starting point for those exploring different ideas. Some of the most popular uses for this resin type include:
- Board Games
- Wall Art
- Table Tops
- Bar Tops
- Lap Desks
- Candle Holders
- Chopping Boards
- Wall Clocks
However, the possibilities are endless! In addition to the compatible materials listed above, this formula also works wonderfully with veneer and painted surfaces.
How To Use Quick Cure Resin
Artists searching for a faster drying alternative to standard epoxy resin will love our Quick Cure Resin. This product is designed to streamline your artistic process so you can create more in less time. Our quick cure formula is ideal for smaller projects, including:
- Top Coats
- Soap Dishes
Once again, your imagination is the only limit. As long as your project is on the smaller side – this resin is a brilliant choice.
Please Note: The quick-curing process may be slowed down if any pigments or other additives are mixed with the resin. So while it still won’t take as long as standard epoxy resin to dry, you should anticipate a couple of extra hours to set fully.
How To Use Thick Pour Resin
For those creating River Tables & Casting Projects, our premium Thick Pour Resin is the best option to work with. Our commercial-grade formula allows for a 2” deep pour and guarantees a silky smooth finish. Recommended projects for this resin include:
- River Tables
- Side Tables
- Deep Countertops
- Coffee Tables
- Flower preservation
To put it simply, if your design requires a deeper pour – then this is the resin option for you. Feel confident with your purchase, knowing that this epoxy formula works well for virtually all casting projects.
- Working Time:
- Pour Depth: Up to 2” deep
- Coverage: 12ft² (roughly 1.1 square meters) per mixed gallon at a thickness of ⅛”
- Drying Time: The resin will appear well-cured within 48 hours, but it may take 7-10 days to reach optimum hardness, depending on temperature.
Your Turn To Get Crafty
We want to support you on your epoxy resin journey! If you have any further questions or would like more information about our products, don’t hesitate to send us a message or give us a call, and we’d be more than happy to assist you. Also, if you’re looking for some artistic inspiration – feel free to check out our Instagram page, where we regularly feature our customers’ stunning artwork.
Happy crafting!Explore Products Resin Calculator
Why Buy From Us?
- Artist-grade Epoxy Resin for passionate creators
- Shipping available throughout Canada and USA
- Choose from 150+ premium products in our collection
- Our products have been used by thousands of happy customers
- We offer flexible exchanges, refunds, and repairs